Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today

Now that I am living by this new resolve to closely watch my driving habits and my gas consumption, I decided to stay home more often and not venture out into the world for items that could really wait a day or two. I do not want to be chained to my house, but I enjoy my house. I have a beautiful home to live in and I have two beautiful kids to enjoy. How can I enjoy them when I am rushing them from shopping cart to shopping cart and snapping at them when their little legs don't walk as fast as mine or when they are distracted by something that is mundane to me but fascinating to them? So, today begins many days when I am staying home and guess what I have found - we are having a great day. Mommy's not snapping at anyone, my money is not being sucked out of my wallet faster than I can shake a stick at and peace is reigning in our home, surely as God intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment