Friday, August 21, 2009

Some Disappointments

So, here I sit after my first shopping trip with my extra 20.00, i.e. 100.00 for a week's worth of shopping. Did not go so well and I am not sure how that happened - I only planned on two meals and one night to eat out. I think it went to extra snacks for John's first day of school. I intended on spending only 80.00 and spent 106.00!!!!! And that was after I saved 25.00 on coupons and specials! I am trying and in this process I have to cut myself some slack and realize that some days will be victories and some will be defeats. I am still single-minded focused on savings and was able to save 12.00 toward John's birthday presents and over 130.00 in our savings from our paychecks. For that I am grateful. I am grateful to have this problem - many people do not know how they will eat dinner so I will close with gratitude and resolve to just keep watching every dime!

No comments:

Post a Comment