Friday, August 7, 2009

Why I started this...

I really should know about money and how to manage it properly, but you know what they say - "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". My father was organized, meticulous and fanatical about the idea of using money wisely, saving money and controlling it instead of letting it control you. Well, Dad, I have to admit I didn't listen. And what really stinks is that my Dad isn't even here anymore for me to seek counsel, to ask what best to do. But, God always provides. He gave me Sean. Alas, I didn't really listen to him either. It is really is true that we sometimes end up marrying people like our parents. Thank God I did. Since March 18, 2008 we truly became a team in our financial affairs and relief finally came into my life. I could finally sleep nights because the worry and fear didn't rob me anymore. He is smart in ways I am not. He shows me the light when I am in a dark room. So, I am making a resolution. I am going to raise up my head and start a new relationship with money. I am going to start saving. I am going to start controlling my money instead of letting it control me. In order to make all this come to pass, I need to have attainable goals. And every week, I will post what my goal for that week is. And then I will post my failings and my successes. Hopefully, more of the latter than the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment